Thomas R. Moulton - Associate
Career of progressively responsible experience in managing leisure, entertainment, tourist and public sector parks and attractions, with accomplishments in generating incremental attendance and revenue. Noteworthy accomplishments within the hospitality/tourism industries include general administration, public/private partnerships, destination marketing, sales, entertainment, advertising, branding, promotions, public relations, publicity, special events, park/safety operations, meeting planning, community relations food and beverage, maintenance, capital planning and non-profit management.
PIMA COUNTY GOVERNMENT - Tourism Division, Tucson Arizona
Director of Economic Development, Attractions, Tourism and Events
Managed all functions of the Department which directs the economic developments function, the County’s tourism operations and the overall marketing, communications, public relations, and revenue operations of Pima County’s 14 diverse attractions ranging from zoo to motor sports and family attractions. Liaison with 14 General Managers/Executive Director and six non-profit organizations that supported the economic and tourism development of the region
- Primary liaison of all attractions which included Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Pima Air and Space Museum, Colossal Cave Mountain Park, Old Tucson, Titan Missile Museum, Tucson Speedway, Crooked Tree Championship Golf Course, and others.
- Economic and Tourism Development liaison with regions economic development and tourism marketing organization, Tucson Regional Economic Organization and Visit Tucson respectfully.
- Co-founder and active sales manager and officer of the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance, a collaborative coalition of attractions and museums in southern Arizona region..
OLD TUCSON STUDIOS, Tucson, Arizona
Directed the administration, operations, retail, food/beverage, sales/marketing and public relation functions of this famous year-round operating movie studio and theme park located in Tucson Mountain Park. Developed the regions newly developed attractions alliance, a destination marketing organization. Managed a full-time staff of 68 and 200 seasonal employees.
CALICO GHOST TOWN PARK, San Bernardino County, California
Regional Parks Division - Southern California region
Managed all operating and marketing and communication functions of this international historical tourism attraction restored by Walter Knott. Coordinate the marketing plan of the new Barstow Area Tourism Marketing Council. Assisted in marketing and special event operations of eight regional parks located in San Bernardino County, California. Managed a staff of 25 full-time employees, 15 shop and restaurant concessionaires and seasonal workers during peak season.
FIESTA TEXAS THEME PARK, San Antonio, Texas
Director of General Sales & Marketing
New Family Theme Park owned by Opryland. All sales/marketing segments including corporate group and catering sales, conventions, incentives market, tour and travel, military, educational and business associations were under my leadership. Coordinated activities with advertising and promotions departments. Developed outer market sales programs for major Texas markets. Managed a staff of 12.
- Generated 28 percent of the attendance and over $6.5 million in admissions.
- Directed regional sales offices in Houston and Dallas/Ft. Worth metro areas.
AUDUBON INSTITUTE, (Audubon Zoo, Aquarium Americas, New Orleans, Louisiana
Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Directed all sales, advertising, special events, group sales, reservations, sponsorship, customer service and public relations for the Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Zoological Garden and Freeport McMoran Species Survival Center. Managed a $3 million budget and supervised 22 people. Member of the senior management committee that administered planning and development of the Audubon Nature Institute.
- All Marketing and Sales functions for two most attended family attractions in New Orleans.
- Charter member and organizer of the New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation whose mission is to attract leisure visitors.
- Co-founder of the New Orleans Riverfront Marketing Group which produces “Go 4th on the River” one of the TOP FIVE MUST-SEE FIREWORKS DISPLAYS IN THE U.S.,” according to the American Pyrotechnics Association.
- Pioneered the introduction of 35 millimeter commercials on major motion picture theater screens owned and operated by United Artists Theatres in Louisiana and surrounding areas.
SIX FLAGS, INC.
Vice President of Marketing - Six Flags - St. Louis
Directed all marketing functions, including advertising, promotions, group sales, public relations, and corporate sponsorships. Executed talent and special event buying with a $1 million budget. Managed a $2.5 million budget and staff of 20 professionals.
Advertising/Promotions Manager - Six Flags - Houston
- Conceived and guided all park promotional, 40 Annual live concerts, music festivals and special events. Coordinated season pass and name entertainment. Directed media plan for all park communications. Supervised staff of six and managed $3 million advertising/entertainment budgets.
ADVERTISING MARKETING ASSOCIATES, Cincinnati, Ohio
Park client planning and management of all marketing and sales programs with emphasis on promotions, special events, advertising and tourism sales. Creative and media plan development. Produced new live family shows with Hanna Barbera, Mattel and Hasbro. Park clients included Magic Springs Family Theme Park (Hot Springs), Benson's Animal Farm (New Hampshire), and Taft Broadcasting, Hanna Barbera Land (Houston).
GEAUGA LAKE THEME PARK, Cleveland, Ohio
Director of Safety Operations and Training
Developed and directed the safety and operational programs of Funtime, Inc. Managed employee training, ride and building inspections, and accident investigations. Coordinated technical aspects of parks live show program.
AMERICANA AMUSEMENT PARK, Middletown, Ohio
Operations, Sales and Promotions Manager
Managed ride and show operations, special event planning, name entertainment buying, and group and industrial sales. Developed outer market sales and promotions, church and educational programs.
B.A., Speech, Communications/Broadcasting & Theater, Adrian College, Adrian, Michigan