|WHAT CAN I DO TO ANTICIPATE THE PITFALLS OF LIFE?
- Network, Network, Network (constantly draw larger circles in your friendships and special contacts; it is 20% what you know; 80% whom you know)
- Concentrate on developing a different skill set(s) that you can perfect and be happy doing.
- Expand a hobby into a business that makes money and makes you happy.
- Get sales experience…nothing happens until something is sold.
- Start your own business (possibly on the side, at first).
- Cultivate your people skills and work to understand different personalities…make a friend of everyone you meet.
- Go back to school for a degree that has a sure job at the end…(Accounting, Marketing, etc.).
- Keep your resume updated; at least yearly, and always be ready for various opportunities.
- Seek to have your present job expanded. Continue to add new elements and areas of service or sales to current position…show how company is making more profit from your involvement.
- Keep yourself financially solvent. Get beyond buying things you don’t need, with money you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like.
- Save, Save, Save…if you are not saving money, you’re not making money.
- Specialize in a job in which no one else can replace you. Always do more than you are paid to do.
- The culture in America is changing. Study to learn of these changes and learn to adjust as your environment changes.
- Keep up with ever changing technology; yet maintain your ability to pay attention to your surrounding as in personal conversations and being attentive without distractions of technology.
- Even doing all the above, bad and unexpected things can happen!!!!
Developed and presented by:
Ed Stone/Ben Jordan